- Advocate to preserve 4 year-old kindergarten through 12th grade education by refusing to allow cutbacks in hours or graduation requirements.
- Advocate for a voluntary quality rating system for child care providers
- Advocate to pass the Constitutional Amendment to end "minimally adequate" education in South Carolina.
- Promote expansion of the federal EITC program through increase in the number of local United Ways sponsoring volunteer tax preparation initiatives
- Advocate an increase in the South Carolina state tax on cigarettes in order to help fund Medicaid, as well as fund smoking prevention and cession efforts.
- Advocate to preserve children's health care coverage.